Sunday, May 15, 2011

FYI: Google Teacher Academy in Seattle this summer

A heads-up to my readers in the public schools: Google For Educators: "The Google Teacher Academy is a FREE professional development experience designed to help primary and secondary educators from around the globe get the most from innovative technologies."

I wish I could apply to this event but it is for K-12 teachers only. The teacher academy is part of the larger Google for Educators initiative, which includes classroom tools, activities, and what looks to be a pretty active teacher discussion group.

The first thing I did in my digital history course this quarter was to make every student get a Gmail address so as to unlock the other free Google resources, and every week we use Google tools from Blogger to Google Earth to Picasa to a dozen other resources. It would be fun to attend a Google-run workshop to pick up some tips on bringing it all together.

1 comment:

TeacherThink said...

I am applying and will do my best to represent the PNW!

Jeff @TeacherThink